hypothyroidism symptoms

I have been reading a lot about my condition, and it shocked me to see how many symptoms actually match. Some symptoms were totally not true so I left them out, others I answered with "no".

■Less stamina than others
Yes, often..
■Less energy than others
Yes, often..not always
■Long recovery period after any activity
Yes
■Chronic Low Grade Depression
Yes, very lowgrade
■Often feeling cold
Oh yeah..but only inside
■Cold hands and feet
My nickname is "vampire
■High or rising cholesterol
Dunno, but my mom has it, will get that checked.
■Bizarre and Debilitating reaction to exercise
Not really but it seems harder than in the past.
■Dry Hair
Not really dry, but it feels dryer than before
■Hair Loss
Thats the reason this blog exists
■Dry cracking skin
My skin got dryer, not too bad though
■Nodding off easily
hehe, yes..
■Requires naps in the afternoon
Sometimes
■Sleep Apnea (which can also be associated with low cortisol)
Well I sometimes don't need to breath, I thought I was an undead..:P
■Air Hunger (feeling like you can’t get enough air)
Not sure..but I feel like I can't get enough COOKIES o_o
■Inability to concentrate or read long periods of time
Yes, and lately its been harder for me reading a book :(
■Forgetfulness
OMFG YES YES YES
■Foggy thinking
Yes, I wondered why that was..I'm not doing drugs you know..
■Inability to lose weight
teehee..NO, its the opposite
■Always gaining weight
try 'never' to the point where I hate it.
■Inability to function in a relationship with anyone
Duh! With all those symptoms, which relationship would not be troubled?
■NO sex drive
Lets hope that won't happen
■Failure to ovulate and/or constant bleeding (see Rainbow’s story)
No, and rainbows don't ovulate where I come from..<_<
■Moody periods
They are very much on time
■PMS
Aren't those normal for most women? I never had any.
■Excruciating pain during period
No
■Nausea
I get nauseated easily
■Exhaustion in every dimension–physical, mental, spiritual, emotional
Yes, yes and yes...
■Inability to work full-time
I would imagine it very hard the way I feel momentarily (currently part time)
■Complete lack of motivation
Depends
■Slowing to a snail’s pace when walking up slight grade
What does that mean?
■Extremely crabby, irritable, intolerant of others
No, I'm nice.
■Lactose Intolerance
Last thing I need...lets hope it never happens
■Inability to eat in the mornings
Nah...just takes me a moment.
■Carpal tunnel symptoms
Always
■No Appetite
Appetite is always there.
■Blood Pressure problems
Sometimes its high..
■Varicose Veins
A few very fine ones on my leg, they faded some after quitting the pill.
■Low body temperature
Yes, like I said..they call me vampire, but it was always lower.
■Tightness in throat; sore throat
No, sometimes sore throat
■Headaches and Migraines
No
■Extreme hunger, especially at nighttime
I like to eat at night, but I guess its more a preference.


With all those symptoms I wonder if medical treatment would be the better option for me...
_______________________________

Update May 2012:
Any little symptom or problem disappeared when I started changing my life after separating from my Ex husband, spent time with friends, had hobbies, had fun.
By the time I moved to California to be with my new love I felt a million times better, during my pregnancy I can say all symptoms disappeared except one (mild fatique).
For a while even the fatique has disappeared, completely because of my change of diet, especially the intake of raw saturated fats.
I have been off meds for almost a years now and my levels are much better :)

Moral of the story is: being unhappy can get you sicker, searching in the wrong place for treatment can make you feel weaker. There is more that can be done than popping pills. :)


1 comments:

  1. I love desiccated thyroid. It is one of the most fabulous natural thyroid supplements I have ever experienced since I have become hypothyroid. I seriously owe my life to this great thyroid product since I got back my normal life since I have been using it.

    ReplyDelete

 

Google+ Followers

Emi

Emi
34 year old mom of 2 boys from Frankfurt Germany

Followers

Instagram @silberin_manelieht