natural hair color progression...

If you have not read about it - I decided to change from red henna back to my natural hair color.
http://longhairedatheart.blogspot.com/2010/02/returning-to-my-natural-hair-color.html

I have not worn it in full since I was a child and I'm exited to see what it will turn out like, color changes with age.
Surprisingly, I really have no greys at all yet. The average woman gets the first few greys in her early to mid twenties, they won't increase any time soon though and are often unseen due to most women dyeing their hair. I will not mind going grey, its just since I was dyeing for so long I want a little more time with my own color.

Anyhow, I came to grow it out by accident. When getting sick, dyeing my hair (that was falling out anyway) was my least concern. That gave me a chance to see my natural hair color, which I found so lovely I decided I did not want to dye over it again (although henna is nice, don't get me wrong).

I have not dyed my hair for 8 months now. The demarcation line is a blurry mix of burgundy-> to red-> over orange-> and yellow, which is due to the lawsome being in my system for a while even after quitting, but I can say I have roughly 15-16cm's of new growth, down to my ears.

As far as typing my exact hair color goes, I'm still not 100% sure, think I will have to wait til almost shoulders. At the moment I'm guessing dark brown N/G or darkbrown- blackbrown N/G.
Basically a very dark brown, not yet black with a neutral undertone and golden shimmer. The golden shimer is actually what baffles me most and I'm still wondering if the henna demarcation line is maybe playing tricks on me. But we will see.

I was able to take some good pictures. When my hair is up the top is all natural, but you can see the burgundy colored high bun as a contrast.



I find it a bit confusing that my hair can shimmer so light in some pics..like it can't decide wheather it wants to look light or dark ^^. My head is also not just one uniform color, I have finer hairs that are much lighter than the rest, mostly the ones around the face, my nape hair is quite light, and I seem to have hairs that shimmer golden or even slightly reddish? I'm telling you...I really need more time to type that color....I'm a genetic rainbow, sorry. Maybe that happens when you are very mixed heritage.
I'm still planning to adjust with a henndigo+amla gloss, to tone down the red. Probably next month, will see. I will use a very watered down henndigo gloss so I don't end up really dyeing my hair, maybe I should even include some cassia.

8 comments:

  1. hallo Emi,
    man sieht ganz eindeutig den Unterschied! Schön,dass du deine Haarfarbe natürlich lassen willst, denn du hast eine sehr schöne Haarfarbe.
    Das mit den gemischten Haaren kenne ich an meinem Freund. Er hat total viele rote Barthaare, obwohl der Rest von seinem Kopf dunkelbraun ist ^^ Jaja, der Mix (der so schöne Menschen gezaubert hat)^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...ich werde ja ganz rot ^^'
    Ich denke mixen ist nicht unbedingt fuer schoene Menschen verantwortlich, es wird da nur eher wahrgenommen weil auffaelliger :)
    Aber ja...das ist schon lustig mit den vielen verschiedenen Farben, hab ich als Kind nie drauf geachtet, vielleicht hab ich es auch erst spaet entwickelt? Ka, muss mir mal Kinderbilder ansehen glaube ich.

    Ich vermisse zwar das Henna etwas, aber ich will auf keinen Fall aufgeben, Henna machen kann man immer, die Farbe hab ich vielleicht nur noch fuer ein Jahrzehnt oder so ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ich habe auch viele seltsame Reflexe in meinen Haaren, besonders an der vorderen Kontur. Mal hell und goldig, mal dunkler und eher neutral. Im Sonnenlicht manchmal rotgold.
    Ein bin kein genetischer Mix. Ich habe nur Vorfahren aus Osteuropa (die fast alle blond sind, nur ich und meine Eltern und eine Oma sind dunkelhaarig).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katze wenn hell und dunkel aufeinander treffen ist das schon Mix genug ;) da konnte sich dein Haar nicht nur fuer eine Farbe entscheiden.
    Finde uebrigens auch du siehst suedlaendisch aus, hast du mal Familienforschung betrieben? Ich habs bis Anfang 1800 geschafft.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Familienforschung würde ich gerne mal betreiben, aber ich weiß gar nicht, wie bzw. wo man da am besten anfängt.
    Familienmitglieder befragen hilft nicht viel.
    Die, die noch leben wissen nicht viel über ihre Vorfahren.
    Bis 1800 hast du geforscht? Das ist toll!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would say your hair mimics a red amber stone...hints of gold hints of red very beautiful and complex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Evey! It did turn out to be quite reddish/ amber. Much more than I thought. I was expecting a much more neutral brown. I have posted pictures somewhere of my natural hair color without henna now. It has fully grown out. Maybe I should post a new blog too!

      Delete
  7. If you're looking for a good contextual advertising network, I suggest that you take a peek at Clicksor.

    ReplyDelete

 

Google+ Followers

Emi

Emi
34 year old mom of 2 boys from Frankfurt Germany

Followers

Instagram @silberin_manelieht