4 years and counting video

Video here
Exactly 4 years ago, I lost my hair for the first time. What followed were years of trying to better my health that had gone bad. I have been through so many changes in my life, and after 4 years I can say I am so much smarter about the whole health thing then I was before....and that is how I was able to fix so many of my problems.
I know my hair is not what it used to be. It is not as long of course, it is not as shiny, and not completely damage free. But considering what I have been through I guess you can call its condition decent, and a good example what can be done, even if all odds are against you! If I can have somewhat long and healthy hair after having been through 3 hair loss episodes, and so many health issues that affect the hair...that must mean I am doing something right regarding hair and health right :)?

I would say I spent the past years like so:

2009 - I was sick with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Pre-Cervical Cancer (CIN3), a Pituitary Tumor and minor problems like a pineal glad cyst, cysts on my ovaries, fatigue, weight loss etc.
2010 - I was turning my life around, which meant leaving my old life and completely starting over.
2011 - my new life, my pregnancy and finding that willpower to take on anything.
2012 - the year of healing and figuring things out. I am NOT sick Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Pre-Cervical Cancer (CIN3), a Pituitary Tumor and minor problems anymore.
2013 - I keep progressing an improving and sheds are really testing my patience. I am more determined than ever - ALL PROBLEMS MUST GO!

My hair now:

~Tailbone length with blunt cut ends in this videoExactly 4 years ago, I lost hair for the first time. What followed were years of trying to better my health that had gone bad. I have been through so many changes in my life, and after 4 years I can say I am so much smarter about the whole health thing then I was before....and that is how I was able to fix so many of my problems.
I know my hair is not what it used to be. It is not as long of course, it is not as shiny, and not completely damage free. But considering what I have been through I guess you can call its condition decent, and a good example what can be done, even if all odds are against you! If I can have somewhat long and healthy hair after having been through 3 hair loss episodes, and so many health issues that affect the hair...that must mean I am doing something right regarding hair and health right :)?
I would say I spent the past years like so:
2009 - I was sick with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Pre-Cervical Cancer (CIN3), a Pituitary Tumor and minor problems like a pineal glad cyst, cysts on my ovaries, fatigue, weight loss etc.
2010 - I was turning my life around, which meant leaving my old life and completely starting over.
2011 - my new life, my pregnancy and finding that willpower to take on anything.
2012 - the year of healing and figuring things out. I am NOT sick Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Pre-Cervical Cancer (CIN3), a Pituitary Tumor and minor problems anymore.
2013 - I keep progressing an improving and sheds are really testing my patience. I am more determined than ever - ALL PROBLEMS MUST GO!

More details

~Tailbone length. There are good things about this shorter length too. My hair looks different and more swingy when draped over my shoulder, but I do also miss that long, flowing classic length look.
~Not as much taper, but my ends aren't thick either. I guess they could be called "normal" ;) Amazing though that after so much hair loss I managed to keep a straight hemline and have less taper overall. Smaller ponytail circumference but less taper, how odd.
~All natural (kinda auburn)hair color after 4 years of growing out my henna! Which means it takes me 4 years to grow to Tailbone length (gives me a monthly growth of about 1.8cm which is fast IRL)
~My ends and lengths are lighter due to the sun, so I have some natural, subtle ombre going on here
~I am not split free, but I have much less splits than I did a few years ago when my health was worse.
~My hair is somewhat frizzy. Not all days but here it is and I DO have lots of short hairs from regrowth of 3 times hair loss...plus, part of it is also texture changes due to thyroid and hormonal imbalances. I hope it resolves if my thyroid stays stable. My levels have only been perfect since February 2013 and the new growth certainly looks promising. That day really brought out the frizzy too since it was raining a bit, but yeah it still is not nearly as smooth as it used to be.
~When I am not going through a shed I lose less hair than ever in my life. Thinking back now, I often shed an increased amount in the past, but a rather long stable period in which I grew it to classic length.
~I have been off the birth control pill since 2009. I am sure the pill had masked my imabalances. But it is not a good solution to take it just for the sake of masking. Back then I knew that there is a risk this might happen, but I wanted to actually SOLVE all problems naturally before it is too late and my body can't maintain balance on its own. Over time, the pill can certainly wreck havoc too.
~It has been a long and stoney path, but for most of the time, my hormones have done really well! And my cycle is oh so regular and beautiful...I am just happily bleeding, no pains, no cramps, no mood swings :)
~One thing I like about my hairs current texture is that I have more volume...as in my hair is more poufy and not as slippery, has more grip (but is still soft) and does not get stringy as much. I think that is due to it not being dyed also though and not overusing conditioner, because I remember it being like that when I was younger. I have even seen pictures and it looks so much the same! Maybe henna really DID make it appear somewhat shinier and more slippery. My natural color is also paler and reflecting light differently. I do like how my hair is now though when it comes to all that :). One reason I grew out the henna.
~I do wear my hair down every 4 days, quite often...I want to enjoy it as much as I can instead of always hiding it in hairdos. I haven't noticed any increased damage from it, but rather that than regretting not having it down often.

About the Video:

It really only shows what is now. My hair and my life. You might know the castle from two other videos. I tried to explore some hidden parts of it and showcase them in the video, but I also made sure to include a lot of long hair and personal scenes as requested this time!
Some may be surprised about the song choice. I do listen to Black Metal all the time actually, but I haven't used it much in my videos, because I felt it would be disliked. But really, I'd much rather post songs that describe my feelings about the video best, and well black metal is just me. I have been listening to it for so long and many songs remind me of a part in my life. Give it a chance. The vocals might be unusual, but the guitars and melody are quite beautiful. This band (Summoning) has actually been connected with LOTR, since many songs are about the books, and Saruman actor Christopher Lee has even participated in their work. :) LOTR fans might know about it.


1 comments:

  1. Well nice. I'd always wanted to grow my hair, but every time it grow around 2 inches i'd always cut it off.

    Indian Hair

    ReplyDelete

 

Google+ Followers

Emi

Emi
32 yr old slave to a toddler and Medieval Lady from Frankfurt am Main, Germany -"that which is beautiful isn't always good, but that which is good is always beautiful."

Followers

Instagram @silberin_manelieht