✛Introducing my fashion blog ☽Silberīn Mānelieht☾


I have been working on a "personal style" diary so to say, which at the moment is mostly featuring outfits, but I also want to blog about anything fashion that is of interest to me like trends I like, brands, jewelry and of course about my sewing and knitting.

I have posted quite a bit already since end of last year, so everyone can get a better idea of the concept.


Years back (2009) I was already sharing outfits of the day (OOTD) but then stopped because as most of you know, a bunch of things in my life changed.
But since I always had a lot of fun putting outfits together, I decided to get back into it.

It is hard to explain why I like it so much, but I feel really comfortable in an outfit I like. It has also given me a lot of self confidence, especially some of the more unusual (often Gothy) looks. Of course I get a lot of stares wearing these, but it doesn't bother me one bit nowadays.
I always tell myself that I will never be fully happy with the way I dress if I worry too much about what others think. 

It will just hold me back and I would make choices based on what I think others would like ( at least for free time that works, I understand no one would want to lose their job for dressing a certain way)

I don't have a lot of money to spend on clothing and I don't shop very often, so most of the time I try to make the best out of what I already own by coming up with new combinations. When I do shop I prefer brands that aren't very pricey and I often shop items on sale which is a great way to buy quality things for 50-70% off!

I'm really not sure what my style could be described as. I think I have a few styles that I prefer...a touch of mainstream, a touch of Goth/ Rock or Punk, different types of vintage, boho, laid back. Day time looks are often more practical and I wear flat shoes or low heels. If I do wear heels they are still rather comfortable and not the stiletto type :)

I have also designed and sewn a few pieces and am planning to make more fashionable things in the future (my past work consists of Medieval costumes only) and I like to add some of my hand knit items if I can. 

If you are interested you can find my Blog here: ☽ Silberīn Mānelieht ☾

Long Haired at Heart will still be my main blog, but I thought it would be a good side thing to post fashion related things. It would be a bit out of place here ;)


PS: The new blog already had a name change because I decided the title did not fit me, so don't be puzzled by the different water marks ;)



9 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing! :) Your blog will be the only fashion one I follow. I already love the outfits you show in this post. And, wow, I have just opened a new tab and I can hear some awesome music. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, glad you liked it already :)) There will be more looks like the ones shown, because these are very typical outfits for me.
      Hope to see you over there then!

      Delete
  2. emi you need to be a model...you take the best pictures and you have the most greatest style ever ! you look absolutly beautiful in every outfit and every picture ! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Tina :) I am trying hard to take good pictures. I don't have a super professional camera like many bloggers, so I try to take pictures in day light :)

      Delete
  3. Totally excited about your new blog!! I've noticed you have a very interesting style looong ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ana! :)) I was asked about my style a few times too and made a post about it 2010, which surprised me because I don't always dress great. But I have been trying to improve ;)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your new fashion blog, Emi. Great photography and a great blog! You look simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I was a bit worried about the quality of the photos, since my camera isn't the most professional it can get. But we do our best to use it right (my husband takes the pictures)

      Delete

 

Google+ Followers

Emi

Emi
32 yr old slave to a toddler and Medieval Lady from Frankfurt am Main, Germany -"that which is beautiful isn't always good, but that which is good is always beautiful."

Followers

Instagram @silberin_manelieht