✛ Hospitalization and Yersiniosis

My recent blood results showed that I have a bacterial parasite called "Yersinia enterocolitica", that lead to Yersiniosis. 

Yersiniosis is usually self-limiting and does not require treatment. For severe infections (sepsis, focal infection) especially if associated with immunosuppression the recommended regimen includes doxycycline in combination with an aminoglycoside.
I have been dealing with 2 severe infections in the past two years. My blood results showed that the first infection stuck around for about two years and that I was recently reinfected a second time.

I was treated with antibiotics and the pains that I have been having in my stomach (see previous post), got worse. I have been done with antibiotics for 5 days, but things just keep worsening. The pain used to be only noticeable when pushing down, now it is constant.

I talked to my doctor about referring me to be hospitalized and he felt it is best too, though my pain is getting worse by the day and I think I will have to go to the ER. 
"In immunosuppressed individuals, yersiniae can form abscesses."
If I would have to simply guess what it is, judging by the pain I have, I would guess something like an ulcer or abscess. There is also a chance it could be some sort of cancer, but I really hope it isn't. I will leave the diagnosis to the doctors, I can only guess here since the problem is very complex.
An endoscopy and colonoscopy will surely be done.

I don't know how long I will have to stay. It really depends on how fast they find something and the severity. I will update here when I know more. You can likely see earlier updates on Facebook and Instagram, since these are easiest to use with a mobile device.

8 comments:

  1. i hope you get better emi,please keep us posted on the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you all! I will post about my stay at the hospital shortly. Basically I dealt with a lot of idiotic doctors that disagreed with each other and were more concerned about keeping me quiet with pain meds then to check for the actual problem. But I got a few clues and was able to get better. I also just received positive test results which confirm that old problems are gone.

      Delete
  2. I hope you get better soon, Emi. I'm so sorry you're in such pain. Please keep us updated. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohje... ich wünsche dir eine ganz schnelle Besserung! Ich lese deinen Blog schon seit 2011 und es tut echt weh immer und immer wieder zu lesen, dass du immernoch nciht gesund bist... :(

    Liebe grüße und eine dicke Umarmung!

    Tranquilla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke Dir! Leider hatte ich das Unglueck mit der Pilzinfektion und den Yersinien was ja in dem Bereich echt Probleme bereiten kann und was ich so lange nicht wusste :( Ansonsten habe ich ja auch ein paar Erfolge erzielt, aber es ist echt schwierig da immer selbst nach Problemen zu suchen.

      Delete
  4. Thank you all! I will post about my stay at the hospital shortly. Basically I dealt with a lot of idiotic doctors that disagreed with each other and were more concerned about keeping me quiet with pain meds then to check for the actual problem. But I got a few clues and was able to get better. I also just received positive test results which confirm that old problems are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually dont comment your posts, Im a silent reader of your blog. But now I want you to know, that I wish you the best of luck, strong nerves and all the best for the upcoming time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome post related to hair fashion i really like this post and its information is really great.

    European Hair Extensions
    Cambodian Hair

    ReplyDelete

 

Google+ Followers

Emi

Emi
34 year old mom of 2 boys from Frankfurt Germany

Followers

Instagram @silberin_manelieht