✛ Update, still hair loss free, smoother texture


This makes almost 8 months of no hair loss. Though to be exact, I have shed a few more hairs than usual twice for about 3 weeks. It seems that whenever I neglect the application of the anti fungal solution, I lose a few more hairs than I should. So I'm trying to be really religious with the application. I can't say these short, mild sheds were a setback...more like they slowed down the process of thickening by a bit maybe. But it DOES continue to thicken up. I only need a long term solution to this scalp fungus. I am currently waiting on an appointment with doctors. I want to get a few things checked before I decide on the treatment. I have a plan in mind, but I'm not sure whether I want to involve antifungals tablets like fluconazole, because of the possible liver damage. 

Length thickening:

 December vs. March

I would definiteley say the progress is more gradual this time. I have just lost SO much thickness, that this time new growth actually has to grown down completely because the thin part is all the same! No thicker parts around midback or so that can grow into the bottom of the braid if that makes sense. My hair is as thin around Midback as it is around hip length. But the see throughness has moved down from past shoulder length to about BSL length. 

Not much change between March and April


The Braid


The thickness is also moving down ever so slightly. You can see how it is all the same thin from about BSL down and then there is a drastic difference to the new growth. The braid should get thicker once the last layers of regrowth (currently 3, 8 and 15 cm long) reach the braid.

Smother Texture, less frizz


My hair has been much less frizzy these past months. I think this is due to a few reasons. When I shed all the shed hairs that build up can tangle up my hair, so removing it causes more damage then combing shed free hair. Also, all the regrowth creates so much frizz! Especially when it is still short because the hair grows out curved and only straightens out once it reaches a certain length. Now that more of my hair has grown long the short hairs blend in much better. Last but not least, when I started thyroid medication in 2009, I noticed a change in texture. Squiggly rough hairs grew in instead of smooth hairs. Since stopping thyroid medication this has slowly normalized and much of the squiggly hair has grown out. My ends of course benefit from the trims so it is smoother all over. And I have very little splits atm, like I haven't had in a long time.

I continue to wear only dark colors with my hair down and it looks decent that way. 

Benefits from DIM Supplement?

There have been no changes in my diet, however I went back on one supplement, and it is DIM. My PMS was starting to come back and I was experiencing hormonal breakouts...so eww not having that. My skin immediately bettered on DIM and it is as clear as ever now. My PMS subsided...and what is even more interesting, DIM keeps my Candida problems at bay. It takes much much longer for the dry skin to return. So it must benefit my scalp too :)

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your progress! I'm happy about you! Your hair is beautiful as always.
    I wanted to let you know then I have finally reached TBL when stretched and I have 3-4 inches to go before I reach Classic, which is my ultimate goal for now. The problem is I have lots of splits but I think they're the same amount as they were one year ago. I only hope I can reach Classic like this and I'll start maintaining once I get there.
    ~Dessi~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am nurisahi Juan from Australia, I have been trying for 5years to get rid of this alopecia disease i have Been going to the doctors but still nothing. The doctor said that he can’t help me out and I don't know where else to turn, until one day my friend introduce me to this great spell caster who helped her cure these ALOPECIA disease , So I decided to contact this spell caster Dr.sado on his email after interaction with him he instructed me on what to do, after that he gave me the medicine for the alopecia disease and then give me instruction on how to use it, and i did so, within the next one week i was free from this disease I am so happy!! if you need him kindly please contact him for help via email: drsadosolutiontemple@gmail.com or +2348145243120

      NOTE THAT THIS GREAT MAN CAN CURE ANY TYPES OF SICKNESS OKAY.

      ..

      Delete
  2. Here's a photo:
    http://s22.postimg.org/7kkwfz3ip/indexf.jpg
    Do you think my ends look thin?
    ~Dessi~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freut mich, dass sich deine Haarstruktur so gebessert hat! Man sieht wirklich einen großen Unterschied!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emi, you are a truly strong and powerful woman, congrats to you! i have Graves since a few months ago but i always had thin and weak hair but now is fallin much often than before. i read by chance the danny roddy blog and his book "hair like a fox" and is really good and helpful, and i think there is a link between thyroid, gut and liver diseases and of course the stress. I hope you can read it and i hope you could comment what you think. Excuse me if a write weird but im from buenos aires and im not really good with the english ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vielen Dank für diese wertvolle Information, ich habe Ihre Website für die Zukunft und weitere Referenzen vorgemerkt.
    Ich habe einige relevante Informationen, die Sie unten überprüfen können
    HairVox Wirkung
    Hair Vox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hallo, mir hat der Beitrag echt gut gefallen, sehr informativ und gut geschrieben! Wenn ihr wollt, checkt doch mal meine Beauty-Seite ab – habe gerade erst ein neues Produkt namens Hair Vox getestet und einen großen Artikel geschrieben!
    Hair Vox Inhaltsstoffe
    Hair Vox test

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you want to get rid from frizzy hair problem please visit this blog.
    frizzy hair problems fixed

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hair loss problem is common issue and ever individuals suffer due to hair loss. Hair loss treatment Is a process used to solve hair loss how it can done in a effective manner. Hair and senses specializes to solve the all issues of hair loss and highly recommend in Delhi. Hair Transplant In Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am nurisahi Juan from Australia, I have been trying for 5years to get rid of this alopecia disease i have Been going to the doctors but still nothing. The doctor said that he can’t help me out and I don't know where else to turn, until one day my friend introduce me to this great spell caster who helped her cure these ALOPECIA disease , So I decided to contact this spell caster Dr.sado on his email after interaction with him he instructed me on what to do, after that he gave me the medicine for the alopecia disease and then give me instruction on how to use it, and i did so, within the next one week i was free from this disease I am so happy!! if you need him kindly please contact him for help via email: drsadosolutiontemple@gmail.com or +2348145243120

    NOTE THAT THIS GREAT MAN CAN CURE ANY TYPES OF SICKNESS OKAY.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great survey, I'm sure you're getting a great response. analise completa keramaster

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you felling frizzy hair problems and you want to get rid no tension come on this blog.
    frizzy hair problems fixed

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice post!

    Also here is a great offer from ArganLife to grow hair long and strong! Click to know about BUY 1 ARGAN GET 1 FOR FREE
    ORDER NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for some other informative blog. Where else could I get that type of information written in such an ideal means? I have a mission that I’m just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such information. hair loss

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Thank you for sharing great information to us. click here

    ReplyDelete
  15. awesome blog thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

 

Google+ Followers

Emi

Emi
34 year old mom of 2 boys from Frankfurt Germany

Followers

Instagram @silberin_manelieht